Any crypto investor who’s traded on multiple exchanges and has coins spread across multiple wallets knows the hassle that comes with spending hours downloading CSV files, formatting data, figuring out market prices, and generating accurate calculations come tax season.
That’s where Koinly comes in.
Koinly has made it their own personal mission to make it faster, easier, and more efficient for crypto investors to generate regulatory-compliant tax reports.
In less than 20 minutes, Koinly allows you to import your ETH, BTC, Tezos, and other transactions directly from the leger, sync all of your exchange trading history in one click, and prepare a ready-to-file tax report. The software integrates over 7,000 blockchains, 350+ exchanges, and 75 wallets.
Since launching in 2018, Koinly has expanded to become available in over 20 countries — including the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Japan, the Netherlands, and numerous other regions in between. In the past year alone, Koinly has helped thousands of crypto investors track and generate reports for funds worth over $250 million.
Key Features & Benefits
- Easy Tracking — View how much you’ve invested in your coins; get an overview of your mining, staking, lending and other crypto income; and see your profits and losses at a glance.
- Automated Data Import — Connect your accounts via API, add your BTC wallets using x/y/zpub keys and ETH tokens with your public address. Koinly automatically checks your wallets to ensure all data has been imported correctly.
- Smart Transfer Matching — Koinly uses AI to detect transfers within your open wallets and excludes them from tax reports.
- Reliable Crytpo Tax Reports — For those filing in the US, Koinly can generate pre-filled IRS tax forms for you. Easily export your transactions to other tax software such as TurboTax, TaxAct, H&R, etc.
- Free Account Option — Koinly can be used for free to track up to 10,000 transactions and generate capital gains tax previews, and can be used indefinitely to track all of your crypto trades and activities.
- Safe & Secure — Koinly does not require your private keys or gain access to any funds held on your exchange accounts. All API/blockchain keys are encrypted using aes-256-gcm before being stored, and harnesses AWS and Heroku for data storage and hosting.
Have experience trading, investing, mining, staking, or lending crypto and looking for a way to keep track of your activities and file tax reports faster and with fewer headaches? Getting started with Koinly is easy.