You’re busy. We get it.
The fast pace and crazy work hours of startup life make it impossible to keep up with all the latest startup news, trends, and tips – and worrying that you’ve missed out is no way to begin the weekend. That’s why we’ve rounded up this week’s hottest startup stories from KillerStartups below.
- For all those who’ve told Mom a thousand times she could be a millionaire if she’d just sell her cookies, but couldn’t convince her, try again by showing her Nomnom.
- Chat service has taken over as the preferred tool for providing online customer assistance. No need to feel left out if you can’t afford additional manpower. Userlike makes setting up custom chat service a cinch.
- Fear of flying is common – especially when it comes to searching for tickets and waiting for prices to appear onscreen. Breathe. FLYR takes a different flight path toward the best airfare.
- Carry works like an AirBnB for your suitcase. Make some money for your vacation by agreeing to carry goods for others when traveling while helping them save on crazy shipping fees.
Living the Startup Life
- AirBnB makes it easy to rent out your place and earn money, unless you end up with nowhere to sleep… Now hosts have a place to stay that lets them keep the extra income rolling in.
- Talk about burn rate. Trying to keep kids in clothes that fit will turn the heat up on any parent. Oscar & Olivia take a forward-thinking and fetching approach to kids’ clothing.
- Tis the season… blah, blah, blah. Soured on gift giving? Revive your cheer and Spoil your friends.
Startup Tips & Trends
- Make time to read. “Every entrepreneur I know is also an avid reader,” explains Forbes’s Patrick Hull. Wise up for business and life success with these 5 books.
- Student loans shouldn’t hinder young people from working at startups. How ‘bout doing a little volunteer work to pay down debt and become free to follow your desired career path?
- You’ve probably heard that fantasizing is dangerous when it comes to financial planning. Not so – if you apply these tips for managing a fantasy football team to handling your portfolio.