Our patience is short, our memory is short, and our time even shorter. The startup hustle makes it impossible to absorb all the great stories, industry news, tips and advice directed our way. Shouldn’t there always be a second chance? Some new companies are too promising to miss, some people so inspiring that we really should see them up close. Some ideas deserve extra attention…
- 80% of the U.S. population now calls urban digs home… and why haven’t we invented a rush hour industry to tackle city transit. RideScout looks to have our backs.
- Makes no sense to spend your money on products belonging to companies whose actions conflict with everything you believe in, right? Buycott can tell you who’s behind the scenes and who you can feel good about funding.
- Uphandle. Simple, great solution. Bloggers need work. Brands need content and to know the appropriate influencers. Bloggers meet brands. Brands meet bloggers. Done!
- Smart onesies, baby kimonos, Labyrinth, and turtles. And Adam thought parenthood was trippy before apps!
- Wine and entrepreneurship – a pretty cool combo to begin with that Alyssa Rapp has bottled up perfectly.
- Alex Kline has founded and runs a charity. He started a website scouting high school basketball players that has the nation’s attention. As a teenager! Meet a social media tour de force.
- Salespeople serve on the frontline in the name of your business. Do you have the right “intelligent fighters” on your side?
A Few More Thoughts
- Knowtify serves up a masterclass in how to be interesting no matter what your startup is about.
- We’re each a mess without the wonderful people in our lives (or probably as a result of the wrong people in our circles). Good news: it’s easy to make authentic connections if you stay in the right frame of mind.
- “Not just another photo/video sharing app.” That’s like a triple dog dare to give #Pop a try. Don’t make me cluck like a chicken in yo’ face.