Sleep. Apparently we are blessed to have WordPress in the world because Matt Mullenweg dared to take six naps a day. Hold on a second! Before you race for the pillow, you should consider waiting until after Valentine’s Day to try snoring your way to a billion dollar company – turns out that opting for unconsciousness every 2.5 hours doesn’t compliment dating very well.
Besides, you would never choose shuteye over learning a surefire way to increase business, hearing about a fascinating new freelance community, or giving your greatest brand champions even greater opportunity to be heard, would you? Read on, and sweet dreams – if not a megastar content management platform – will be yours.
- There are plenty of things you can try to make your business better. Get your web pages to load faster and you are better, keeping more customers on your site and improving your search results. Load Faster figures out why you’re slow and puts more money in your pocket.
- Be My Eyes. You might choke up reading about this one, the startup is doing such truly beautiful work. You’d better serve the world though if you keep your eyes dry and lend them to the cause.
- In some way, every startup is about helping us enjoy life a little more. Well, duh, play more often and you’re assured of having a good time. Cheers, PlayWith.
- LabelsOnTime. Not the fastest-growing startup in the world. Not the flashiest. They’ve never had hundreds of millions of investor dollars to burn. But, man, they have something impressive going – 16 years of profitable business.
Living the Startup Life
- The passage of time never alters, yet it has such a different look and feel for everyone. Can a clock reflect this reality accurately? The “Coolest Clock Ever” can.
- Travel on the cheap, thanks to people in your networks, while raising a little dough for good causes in the process: hope the servers at Horizon are ready for the traffic ahead.
- That joy of finding a $20 bill in a pocket unexpectedly – imagine freelance work appearing the same way, in a community beneath your nose, on a platform you’re probably already using. Get ready to spend your bonus bucks!
Startup Tips & Trends
- Social media already gives people a sense of your company’s character. Clinch takes things at least 10 brilliant steps further and gives people an idea of what it’s like to work at your company – and continues to more or less recruit the right employees for you. This tool may finally deliver on the promise of improving the recruiting/hiring process.
- What? Getting organized doesn’t have to be an all-consuming effort to order EVERY aspect of your life. Amazing. Turns out that nailing down this one area goes a long way toward orchestrating bliss.
- You have the people on hand that you need to tell your story and champion your brand, that know firsthand what amazing work you do – your employees. Here’s a look at how an employee advocacy program can amplify your messages on social media.