The teeth of marine snails took the title of World’s Strongest Natural Fiber from spider silk. Neighborhood social network Nextdoor crossed the billion dollar valuation mark. The inevitable presidential campaign of Hillary Clinton now finds itself troubled by a scandalous – wait for it – email address? Just when you think you know where you live….
…the world proves that it is one surprising, mysterious, amazing and dynamic place. Need more proof? You can now receive free upgrades to premium bottles when you buy wine, join remote workers in a shared office space in someone’s home, and overcome a fear of public speaking by talking alone. All within just a few clicks here at KillerStartups.
- Seeing a movie on the big screen has turned into a huge budget buster. MoviePass lets moviegoers take in a flick a day for $30 per month. Invitation to popcorn addiction accepted.
- You don’t have to drink any f**king Merlot if you don’t want to. Underground Cellar is a wine marketplace with a winning business model. Expert advice: drink now.
- Before you purge your networks of everyone whose posts are… shall we say, less than thrilling, why not start following your interests instead? Keep your connections and stay on the topics that matter. Htagg.
- FYTNS: bringing a personal trainer to you.
Living the Startup Life
- Going crazy working alone in your home office? Consider making your home available through Hoffice. This is how to make a co-working space on a digital nomad’s budget. We’re talking Airbnb-level ingenious.
- Portraiture ain’t just for presidents and kings any more. Give the HQ and crew some love by decorating the office with a pop art-style portrait of the team (after all, the team is the new royalty, right?).
- When’s the last time you altered your coffee routine? C’mon, startup workers need to be open to change. I bet a Netflix for craft coffee would perk up your habits. Meet Crema.
Startup Tips & Trends
- Own the room! Analyze your speech and figure out where you need some improvement – without the embarrassment of working out the kinks in front of others.
- Gargantuan freelance marketplaces have grown too big for anyone’s good. GetSerio connects freelancers and those hiring with a simple and slightly different approach.
- Friends – no, not online connections, but real friends – it’s healthy to have them. And it doesn’t have to be so hard for grownups to meet.