You’re busy. We get it. The fast pace and crazy work hours of startup life make it impossible to keep up with all the latest startup news, trends, and tips – and worrying that you’ve missed out is no way to begin the weekend. That’s why we’ve rounded up this week’s hottest startup stories from KillerStartups below…
- Booze delivered to your doorstep in under an hour? Happy friggin’ 4th, everybody! Check out how the good people at Drizly are fighting for our independence from traditional vendors.
- If a smartphone-controlled paper airplane turned millionaire Kickstarter-megastar doesn’t inspire you to start on your idea (or listen to your inner child), nothing will. You are officially dared to not want your own PowerUp plane.
- Isn’t it about time your business phone lines go mobile? Voiceably is a system that can make the leap easy. And you can try it out for free!
- Nico Sell. If I had money to back an entrepreneur, I might very well choose Nico Sell and her startup Wickr out of the enormous pack. A safe an private Internet? Yes, please. This is how it will be done.
- Tucker Gumber and Edward Sharpe. One of the best stories we’ve covered. It has everything – risks, persistence, celebrity, business ideas from out of the blue, heartbreaks and triumph. Oh, yeah, and festivals.
- Michael Bøcker-Larsen. His startup TinyCarrier represents a new direction for crowdsourcing. Very cool concept. Stock up on ibuprofen, overpriced shipping companies.
Tips & Trends
- Until July 31st, founders have an opportunity to win $70K to make their app or web idea happen. Startup masterminds such as Cindy Gallop will judge the #GetStarted 2014 competition. Find out how to enter and what victory could mean for your dream.
- Advertisers aren’t the only ones who can put big data to good use. Lucid is the perfect example of how to find big money in big data. See how it’s done.
- Don’t let the frequent Facebook algorithm changes tank your engagement numbers or send you into depression. We shall overcome. The helpful folk at KISSmetrics show how to cope.
- Want to become a sales and marketing superstar? Hatchbuck Hub just launched a killer resource center, offering a variety of information and tools. You don’t need to have a giant corporation’s budget to afford effective marketing.