You’re busy. We get it. The fast pace and crazy work hours of startup life make it impossible to keep up with all the latest startup news, trends, and tips – and worrying that you’ve missed out is no way to begin the weekend. That’s why we’ve rounded up this week’s hottest startup stories from KillerStartups below…
- Men’s Style Lab: Startup founders, I hate to break it to you but you’re not exactly known for being super fashionable. Check out this personal stylist app to break out of the hoodie/company tee/sneakers combo you’ve been rocking.
- Security First: The internet has proven time and again to be a great tool for social change but it has simultaneously stripped away at our privacy. This company protects the people who are out there protecting our human rights.
- MakeSpace: We’re getting hella meta over here in startup land, kids, when a website is referred to as “the Dropbox of physical storage.” My head is spinning.
- Schoolshape: Trying to learn another language? Give this virtual language lab a shot!
- Everyone’s talking about 3D printing but no one really knows what, exactly, they’re talking about! Check out this interview with the founder of Aniwaa and become the smartypants who knows it all.
- Alexander Mendeluk, Chief Spirit Warrior. Confession: I’m a closet raver and I love SpirtHoods.com, so I totally geeked out when I saw that we were running an interview with the founder.
- Karen Cheng of Giveit100 knows that when an accelerator tells you “no,” they really mean “not yet.” Here’s how she pushed until her company was accepted into 500 Startups.
Tips & Trends
- 5 online resources to get more attention for your business. Sometimes it can feel like your marketing efforts are a whole lotta noise with no pay out, but it will feel a lot better if you utilize these tools.
- Did you catch this week’s recap of HBO’s Silicon Valley? This episode included the Statue of Liberty in a very compromising position, Erlich’s preferred porn, and a graffiti artist named Chuy.