You’re busy. We get it. The fast pace and crazy work hours of startup life make it impossible to keep up with all the latest startup news, trends, and tips – and worrying that you’ve missed out is no way to begin the weekend. That’s why we’ve rounded up this week’s hottest startup stories from KillerStartups below…
- mochiCart. Want to create a mobile store to sell your goods? Of course you do, because everything is moving to mobile. This startup makes it easy to open your mobile shop.
- Privy. You no longer need an advanced degree or a zillion connections to find a mentor. Grab the ear of top industry professionals on Privy – soak up their wisdom, and have them give their full attention to YOUR big ideas.
- Chabooli. Check out this “digital postbox, content library, and conference room.” Part collaboration tool, part content sharing manager, Chabooli aims to eliminate clutter and streamline sharing.
- BreakUpGoods. Turns out the market for shedding goods after a broken relationship is huge! BreakUpGoods is a tasteful and efficient marketplace where people can score great savings and the romantically unfortunate can find a dose of consolation by way of a little (or a lot of!) extra cash.
- Gina Trapani. Her life hacks and productivity tips have offered sound advice for some time now. If you’re not familiar with her work or already following her on Twitter, you’ve really been missing out.
- Thomas Nolan. This is what it looks like to build a digital marketing agency from the ground up, client by client – minus the San Francisco flash and cash, in the Windy City.
- David Fix. “Inspect what you expect!” David likes to say. Born into a family business, he knows a thing or two about expectations, and he imparts good advice based on his experiences.
Tips & Trends
- Don’t try to profit from the manifestos of mentally ill murderers. The co-founder of Rap Genius made himself appear… well, you decide what to call it. He had to step down from his position because of his behavior. Rightly so. Let this be a summons to rid the Internet of misogyny.
- Stay healthy! We may not have time to go to the gym, but if we can’t find 7 minutes to pay attention to our bodies and health (which, you know, sort of determine how long we live and the quality of the life we lead), then we’re in big trouble. The 7 Min app is perfect for high-intensity startup personnel that need to maximize brief workout sessions.
- Doh! Avoid these 10 social media mistakes. Some will make you laugh and some will make you cry. Hope to not repeat these blunders, but, should things go awry, keep in mind how these founders manage to respond gracefully and protect their businesses.