You’re busy. We get it. The fast pace and crazy work hours of startup life make it impossible to keep up with all the latest startup news, trends, and tips – and worrying that you’ve missed out is no way to begin the weekend. That’s why we’ve rounded up this week’s hottest startup stories from KillerStartups below…
- Nibbles. Every pet owner that goes on vacation misses the furrier members of the family. Nibbles lets you not only see but interact with your pets while you’re out of the house. Wonderful.
- Spotter. Without a doubt, deep belief object recognition will be a guiding force in future mobile apps. And the force is with the Jetpac team behind Spotter.
- Dattch. Dispatching with the one-size-fits-all dating app model, Dattch looks like a winner for addressing the needs of an overlooked market.
- Hilary Mason. Making the best use of big data might be the newest and most powerful superpower available to us. Mason is a leading scientist exploring the possibilities of big data while also dishing out great tech advice in general.
- Jason Seldon. Don’t let the free-rider problem slow your new business! Seldon speaks on some of the perils of starting out. Forget what you’ve heard: “great products alone are usually not enough.”
- Violence against women online. An issue not talked about enough. Time for entrepreneurs to mobilize their talents and create a safer environment for women online.
Tips & Trends
- Crowdfunding rewards. Lame rewards will smother a crowdfunding campaign, no matter how brilliant the product. Follow these tips to excite donors and encourage them to help you find more donors.
- 5 steps for gaining global exposure. Finding a global audience for a new mobile app might sound like an impossible undertaking. Dropping an app into the market and hoping for the best ain’t gonna get it done. These steps provide a clear, proven blueprint for translating your business into new markets.
- Break it down before you have a breakdown. Check out why the Trello project management app comes in so handy – at the perfect price.
- A beginner’s guide to internet marketing. This is a killer breakdown of the different ways entrepreneurs can make their companies known. Great examples, solid info, and links to additional resources. Find your marketing footing by starting here.