For the first time since 2006, The Fed announced a raise in interest rates. What does it mean? Has the economy recovered? Is it going strong? Though it will probably never be officially admitted, it would seem higher financial powers have finally taken their cues from a certain startup community where the forecast has long been optimistic…
Preserve your reputation if not your dignity at this year’s holiday parties, let positivity carry you to greater success, and the ability to fix your website before anyone discovers trouble – it’s beginning to look a lot like the KillerStartups Weekly Roundup.
- If only digital images were edible… You can’t eat your screen with the Tender app, but it will help put a delicious dish on your table in a jiffy.
- HangoverApp. What pictures get taken at the holiday office party (or any other wild occasion) remain private for those in attendance, and can only be viewed when everyone’s back together again.
- Not dead yet! Endurance makes clever adjustments to prolong your Mac’s battery life when it dips below 20% charged.
- Are graphic design credentials not part of your CV? Well, then you shouldn’t need to take a course just to create an attractive resumé. Let designers handle the hard work in advance by using TopCV.
Living the Startup Life
- When we don’t acknowledge the benefit of minor actions taken toward reaching goals, discouragement creeps in. Keep distant goals on the near horizon by tracking the small steps taken to reach them.
- It’s never too early to gain experience before entering a challenging job market. Would-be tech workers now have ONE place to go to find the right internship and position themselves to work at great companies.
- The startup world moves notoriously fast, but there is still time to stop and smell the roses – thanks to a blossoming (ha!) startup, The Bouqs Co.
Startup Tips & Trends
- Be the first and hopefully the only one to know when your website has trouble, by putting a constant monitoring service on watch.
- Follow what customers are doing on your site or mobile app – without breaking the bank or learning how to code!
- What’s this: a loan in understandable English, processed quickly? No, it’s not a Christmas miracle, it’s one smart lending company.