Joe Biden isn’t running. Paul Ryan wants a job. Buffer is pivoting. Google, or umm, Alphabet made a strong showing, while Amazon beat analysts expectations again. You can now combine your Twitter and Vine profiles. Wow. Ordinarily, all this action would call for some profound synthesizing, but did you see the new Star Wars trailer?
Never waste another second dealing with shoddy customer service; shave a good twenty years off the time it usually takes to own a home; and skip the agony of calculating taxes, freelancers. So, what will you do with all of your extra time and money (besides reading the KillerStartups Weekly Roundup)?
- Enduring holds over the phone, trying to track down decent customer service – it will make a person wish for a surrogate in a hurry. Meet Service, your new stand-in and best friend.
- Stepz works to undo the physical damage of stationary work, by motivating desk warriors to log 10,000 steps per day and by helping them to better understand the value of their activity.
- Throw, pick at, play with… we can stop the long list of things that kids would rather do with their food than eat it right there. OK, there’s one more action to add to the list that parents and kids will appreciate: they can Yummit.
- A place to stay throws a monkey wrench into the plans of many would be digital nomads whose hearts are set on living for a time in many places. GigRove has an updated version of an old-fashioned exchange that will remove that financial road block.
Living the Startup Life
- Tired of opening the closet and finding lots of clothes you know you’ll never have the chance to wear again? Here’s how those rags can do both you and someone else some good.
- Hmmmm, live with eight strangers well into your thirties to make rent or have a place of your own – that’s affordable? Tiny houses: small space, huge idea.
- Why is it so hard to own flaws, even though they’re a natural part of life and doing so makes us happier? Imagine if we celebrated rather than ran from flaws… Try wearing some lovely imperfection for starters.
Startup Tips & Trends
- Freelance work has several perks. Easy accounting sure isn’t one of them. Avoid the headaches of doing math (or maths – depending on where you’re from or how long you’ve been trying to figure out your taxes) with this fantastic tool.
- Travel… and build an MVP. That combo is a little piece of startup heaven here on Earth. Find out how to pass through the pearly founder gates.
- There are so many online tools to help entrepreneurs get started (wonderful!) that deciding what to use can be a maddening process. Save time and money by turning to these lists put together by peers.