After the struggle and sacrifice and long wait and persistence… comes sweet, hard earned victory. The Chicago Cubs just won their first baseball playoff game in 12 years. Is this your week…?
A personal concierge to make foreign countries feel like home; all the GIFs you want, created by you; and transparency added to project management – it’s quite possible the KillerStartups Weekly Roundup is the aurora borealis on the side…
- Forest takes location sharing apps in a beautifully simple direction. No map tracking or check ins or endless messaging. Just a quick look at important locations and an instant answer to who is or isn’t there.
- Envious of those personal concierges awaiting well-heeled travelers when they arrive at the airport, ready to help them bypass all the challenges of navigating transportation, hotels and appointments in a new place? MeetnGreetMe. It’s your turn to have help in foreign countries.
- Don’t let trying to figure out how to share content with this person and then this person and this person cause you to go postal. Much much better for everyone involved if you go Postly.
- Relationships take time to foster… blah blah blah. While others strategize about how to meet the right people, you can connect with all the right partners with the help of Shortlist.
Living the Startup Life
- The Internet takeover by GIFs is about to accelerate. Forget about all of those other great sources of GIFs out there. Now you can make your own – using your own pictures – with ease.
- Remember when going out to dinner was fun? When you spent time talking and eating? If dining out has come to feel like a consultation with an allergist, here’s how you put the safety and enjoyment back into the experience.
- While the success of esoteric subscription services deserves applause, the delivery of personal care products before they run out definitely merits a standing ovation.
Startup Tips & Trends
- How did they do it? How long did it take them? When did they announce their IPO? Find all the deets about the companies you want to learn from (and whose mistakes you want to avoid) by looking at clear and useful timelines.
- Transparency saves businesses time and money by making information easy to find, problems easy to spot, and teams easier to manage. Here’s how you achieve such transparency with minimal effort.
- Working from a mobile device is an extraordinary convenience. Doing everything with one phone line, not so much. Keep your work and personal lives separated, without adding to your hardware collection.