Hey, startup friends, this summer isn’t over yet. Long weekend = no excuse for not cutting yourself some slack. How ‘bout honoring Labor Day by taking a break rather than working for a change. Toooooo many hours spent building a company = counterproductive.
Money back for dealing with airline hassles, life in the cloud simplified beautifully, and affordable product mockups – or, as we say like to say in the KillerStartups Weekly Roundup: Happy Labor Day weekend!
- Flight delays, cancellations – air travel inconveniences are so annoying. At least, that was the case before AirHelp. Now, if the carrier threatens to bump you, you’ll be saying, “Go ahead, make my day.”
- If you feel as though your startup is at the mercy of a 23-year-old social media manager, it’s time to look into the services of Kinetic Social. You need advertising strategies that think beyond “online presence.”
- How many people does it take in a group to make collecting money the worst job imaginable? Usually about three or four souls are enough to sap the fun out of any event. Keep the good times rolling and invites open with killer help from Leetchi.
- Dieting goes from being hard to downright impossible when the parameters have nothing to do with individual dietary needs and goals. What’s designed to help thousands, helps no one. PlateJoy makes sticking to healthy eating habits easy for each person.
Living the Startup Life
- Forget sending enemies glitter. If you wanna ruin someone’s day, sign them up with another cloud storage provider. Managing accounts has grown ridiculously complicated. Here’s how you restore order.
- The “you are what you eat” maxim applies to the mind as well as the body, and it’s never been easier to live on a steady diet of junk food than it is today. Give you brain the nutrients it craves with humanity’s best ideas.
- Life online has evolved shockingly fast. Heads would spin thinking about what has gone from shiny and new to obsolete in just a few years… if anyone could remember defunct products to begin with. Check out this unique museum, preserving bits of our online universe you probably didn’t know you missed until you visit.
Startup Tips & Trends
- Bad mockups can make a joke of brilliant ideas, not to mention finances. Mockerie turns the tables, and does product mockups right.
- You know you work online a lot when you can identify the source of stock photos at a glance. Here’s how you can give your websites a fresh look (for free!).
- You don’t have to be a picture taking fool to still take advantage of Instagram. Actually, you can be asleep, gaining exposure and popularity from photos you haven’t even bothered to post yourself. Now, that’s a pretty picture, isn’t it?