No, could the best collaboration tool around really have been right beneath our noses, already in use all along? Anyone buy the “my email was only on Ashley Madison as a joke” explanation? Can you reeeally ever keep your contacts straight?
The easiest way to give personal recommendations, grandma’s recipes shared with travelers, and the perfect retail location revealed – not even the MythBusters team gets to have this much fun. The KillerStartups Weekly Roundup.
- Grexit. No need to look further than Gmail for a collaboration tool – where most online workers have their eyes focused already. Soooo convenient!
- Let’s face it. We’re bombarded with info these days. Our memories feel the strain to retain. Nuggets, a Chrome extension, helps us hold onto knowledge for good.
- Where’d ya get that? What brand did you… You know where road paved with good intentions leads. Divvi makes sharing recommendations heavenly easy.
- How do you turn commentary into a space for smarter discussions and greater respect? SpeaKast turns the camera where the world can see who’s saying what. (Think a video version of Twitter.)
Living the Startup Life
- If you’re prone to pouring your heart out to a stranger on the plane (or you’ve been dying to cut loose), then the “talking network” is ideal for you. Welcome to respectful, anonymous conversations.
- Learn how to cook from the keepers of family recipes, anywhere in the world??? Oh, hell yeah. Here’s how you travel off the eaten path.
- A case study on the dangers of privacy violations and damage control is unfolding. You know the one. This read is not to be missed if you wish to avoid feeling exposed.
Startup Tips & Trends
- A few emails require extra TLC, but a lot of time-sucking writing could be avoided with some nimble templates. Take advantage of this tool, aaaand still sound personal.
- Location, location… Anyone need to be convinced of the importance of opening a store in the best spot? Turn to data intelligence to find the perfect space.
- Bull riding vs. managing contacts: hard to say which one throws us off our game faster. Best to put a smartphone down in front of only one of the two. (Ignore your knee-jerk reaction, it’s not the bull).