Soooooooo, everyone will be watching the LOTR trilogy while washing an epic amount of dishes and shouting commands at their vacuum robot this weekend, right? At least that’s what’s most likely on tap if you participated in the first Amazon Prime Day – what the company claimed was a smash hit and others deemed a stunning pivot into an online thrift store clearance rack. Beauty is in the eye… No judgement here.
Just in case you landed on the disappointed side of the aisle, however, did you see NASA’s photos of Pluto? Wow! What a time for exploration! Don’t look away now, the KillerStartups Weekly Roundup is about to fly by the flexibility to work hard from anywhere, all the startup swag you could dream up, and the rise of personal assistant mobile applications…
- No office hours required. A worker’s dream come true, right? Wellllll, then there’s figuring out where to work, knowing if the WiFi stinks or not, if there are openings, etc. Mobile App Work Hard Anywhere answers all of these questions and a bunch more.
- Students, along with their freedom to choose where to work post graduation (read: startups), are being crushed by loan debt. Both future students and those already struggling with debt can save themselves a ton of money by turning to Credible for help.
- Don’t bother with trying to steal the towels to get your money’s worth out of your next hotel stay. Book with Hotelgo24.com and receive free Bitcoins.
- Love On Revolution is a social experiment that intends to map the ripple effect that good deeds produce. For the first time, we might all literally see the difference we make in the world. Spread the love!
Living the Startup Life
- For companies that fully understand the benefits of bringing remote workers onboard, or for those unsure of how to connect with the right crew, Talentboard makes hiring remote workers a stress-free experience.
- Tired of trolls fouling up conversations online? There are sanctuaries out there, places for civil, even pleasant interactions. Colloq is one of them.
- It’s not the way pitch your company. It’s not having a ping pong table at HQ. It’s not even how many weeks your founder has gone without decent sleep. You know your the real deal as a startup, of course, when you can rock your own startup swag. Here is where you get it.
Startup Tips & Trends
- Bright minds looking to build their toolkits, smart companies looking for eager talent. Time to retire the unpaid internship and go about things differently, for everyone’s benefit.
- We could all use a hand managing things in our hectic lives. Startups have gotten this lately, and are beginning to churn out personal assistants, for everything. Hip hip hurray! The latest industry made easier with an extra brain on hand: travel.
- While there might not be an official report on the topic, the complexity of modern collaboration tools is clearly causing PTSD. Does editing a document as a team need to be so difficult? No it does not. Here’s the proof.
alphaspirit/Shutterstock | Sergey Nivens/Shutterstock