If there’s one thing that people attracted to startups have in common (other than loves for travel and building things), it’s independence. Happy 4th of July, everyone. Have a blast celebrating independence, and allow us to light some of the first fireworks with the KillerStartups roundup – never lose a receipt ever again, a button that allows Amazon (yes, the Amazon) to help out independent bookstores, and getting paid to have someone else find you a job… It’s going to be one hell of a finale.
- Ever been in a heated dispute over a purchase, 100% certain you’re in the right, only to have your glorious moment of justice ruined because you can’t find a receipt? Purchasebox will make sure you never feel that frustration again.
- Fast, healthy lunch brought to you within 30 minutes for under ten bucks. Keep an eye on this DC-based delivery service, MunchQuick – doin’ lunch right.
- Doctor, doctor. Doctor, doctor… Partnered introduces big companies to startups and vice versa. They really should know each other better and help one another out more.
- Crowdstream – not knowing what your customers are up to when you’re an ecommerce website is as dangerous as aspiring to become a surgeon by doing nothing other than playing the game Operation (tremendous fun, FYI). Customer analytics are essential, pure and simple.
Living the Startup Life
- The last people you’d expect Amazon to do a good turn? Independent bookstores. Well played, Bookindy.
- Ummm, you can’t ever have enough convenient lunch options, right? Yood. Can we just say, you da lunch boss this week. (Yes? No? Maybe…)
- After that huge acquisition, when you find yourself on the verge of boredom after too many days of doing nothing on the beach and you think to yourself, “I should really learn how to kite surf” – of course, there’s a startup that can make that (and fitness lessons of all variety) happen.
Startup Tips & Trends
- Digital marketing solutions for startups, on a startup budget: not some kind of mythical creature, an online Yeti. It exists, and it’s called intalyse.
- Finishing college and finding a job is one terrifying prospect… made a lot less scary with help launching your career plus a little cash in your pocket just for finding work with the help of this startup. Yes, you’re reading that correctly: money for allowing them to find you work.
- If you wanna talk the talk and walk the walk, chances are that you want to know everything the entrepreneurs you look up to read for their inspiration. Now you can obsessively fill the bookshelf with your heroes’ faves.