Show of hands, please: did you actually allow yourself a break this past Memorial Day Weekend? Whether you did or didn’t put the startup grind on pause, time has no doubt felt short this week. The good news here – it’s already time for the KillerStartups Weekly Roundup! Entertainment apps, sweet revenue sharing opportunities, and the thriving Asian startup scene… just to give you a sample. No matter what you’ve planned for this weekend, don’t shortchange yourself a look at the following startup gems.
- PriorityKit is like a real estate broker in the smartphone homescreen space. And everyone has a piece of Boardwalk. Find out what the right location is worth to (app) developers.
- The question “Where should we go tonight?” should not fill us with dread or resentment for our friends. That’s crazy. Wise up to find the right spots without hassles with NightOwl.
- There’s no shaking the reading bug, which (clearly we’re biased here) makes for a rich life full of amazing content and curiosity. And typically frustration, because you can’t have at all the wonderful independent magazines out there. Readbug turns the page on that problem.
- The one headache doctors haven’t been able to find any relief for, going on nearly twenty years now: HIPAA. Well, Accountable has found the cure!
Living the Startup Life
- You might be surprised to learn that an incredibly simple technique has proven to double the pounds dropped in efforts to lose weight. Uh-huh. If that statement got you paying attention, then you’re already on the right track.
- Probably the only way you’ll never fail to backup your data – if it’s automatically backed up without you doing a thing. There’s a wearable tech solution that gives data storage a new, sharp look.
- Here’s an incentive for helping to grow an online community: revenue sharing. Meet bright people, build a solid network, and get paid for your contributions. Could this platform finally pry distracted eyes away from Facebook?
Startup Tips & Trends
- No gimmicks, no fake traffic. The social media reach your blog deserves – and quite frankly needs. This is how it’s done.
- Silicon Valley is like the glow of the TV screen – it mesmerizes, it makes it tough to look away. However, the world is full of bright startup lights elsewhere whose glow is becoming ever more captivating. For example, Asia.
- It’s OK. It’s really not your fault. Ideas, words – pretty much everything but design – are your game. Don’t hate yourself, don’t break the bank to overcompensate. Find the UI assets you need and free yourself to do what you do best.