Sheesh, what a rough week, with the earthquake in Nepal and unrest in Baltimore. Let’s hope a calendar change brings in those May flowers to brighten spirits. If the darling buds need a little encouragement, they’ll find their cue from some rosier news on KillerStartups this week – help learning a foreign language, quick and delightful GIFs, reduced churn rates and much more, all here in the weekly roundup.
- No more waiting rooms. No hanging on until an appointment opens up. No unnecessary delays for medicine when you’re under the weather. DocChat has you seeing the doctor in 15 minutes or less.
- Gotta have the soundtrack to that movie you just saw? MediaHound unifies the entertainment world so that it’s much easier to discover, explore and purchase related content.
- PoochPal throws dogs a mobile app they can gnaw on – a social network centered on finding canine companions and letting local dog owners bond over their pets.
- Real conversation with real people, it’s the best way to learn a new language. Online language learning platform, i2istudy, turns pretty much anyone into a native speaking teacher.
Living the Startup Life
- If your team collaborates online, 90% of your communication is in the form of GIFs. Get ready for that percentage to climb higher.
- A secure and confidential internet. About time. Minus the chores and complications? Hallelujah!
- We’ve all sent emails to the wrong address or come to regret a fateful click on second reflection. Now you can unsend those emails. Unbelievably cool.
Startup Tips & Trends
- Startup founders can learn just about everything they need to as they go, if they get their hands on the right tool – even startup law. True story. No legal degree required.
- All companies fear the churn. Here’s how you can spot trouble early on and reduce your churn rate.
- FocusGrooper empowers suppliers, buyers and focus group participants in market research to connect with one another easily. This tool has been sorely missing and will make life in the industry better for all involved.
Dasha Petrenko/Shutterstock | Eugenio Marongiu/Shutterstock