You’re busy. We get it. The fast pace and crazy work hours of startup life make it impossible to keep up with all the latest startup news, trends, and tips – and worrying that you’ve missed out is no way to begin the weekend. That’s why we’ve rounded up this week’s hottest startup stories from KillerStartups below…
- Triggerfox. A mobile address book for professionals that will stand out from the herd. Not just an organizational tool but a way to build better relationships.
- Seed&Spark. Before we loved hackers, we loved independent film makers. This crowdfunding platform supports great projects. Backed by a great team that also does things a little different.
- URL2Picture. Plain and simple: a website needs to look good on different devices on different browsers. Before founders empty their wallets into acetaminophen providers, they should try URL2Picture to find out quickly what their pages look like for other viewers.
- NameFoo. Finding a startup name that works is tricky. Does it sound right? Will it turn up in search results? Does it reflect the company? You can wait for inspiration, drive yourself crazy, or turn to this handy name generator.
- Silicon slackers. Hoodies and acquisition parties. Mike Judge’s new program “Silicon Valley” is an early hit. Find out why it’s the perfect vehicle for a tour of startup culture.
- Kelsey Falter. Social media interaction has become a pillar of business in the digital age. This entrepreneur has a company, Poptip, that helps businesses make the most of data in real-time. Superstar in the making.
- Founders seeking funding. What role do looks play in who scores investments? A study reveals what you might guess and has a few surprises. Before choosing your team, consider the story of Anna Haupt and Terese Alstin whose video about their journey has been viewed over 12 million times.
Killer Tips & Trends
- 10 ways to make money online. Builder of multiple million dollar business Lewis Howes covers the different avenues for makin’ bacon online . Who doesn’t want to do that?
- 5 ways to grow business without venture capital. Will you be holding the green when your business takes off? Take the venture capital and less of your hard earned money will be yours. Fortunately there are other options when growing.
- 10 best lead generation tools. Killer founders weigh in on the giveaways that have worked the best at driving lead generation. They don’t have to be expensive!