You’re busy. We get it.
The fast pace and crazy work hours of startup life make it impossible to keep up with all the latest startup news, trends, and tips – and worrying that you’ve missed out is no way to begin the weekend. That’s why we’ve rounded up this week’s hottest startup stories from KillerStartups below…
- $1.7 million in funding. In the bank. Dealflicks continues to rock the discounted movie tickets & concessions space. And we’re happy to toast their success.
- Ever been to a concert where you were dying to hear your band play that song? MySetlist has a brilliant new way to make it happen by helping live performers and fans interact.
- Mom and Pop have their hands full competing against large stores. No surprise there. Carta ensures that they don’t suffer a tech disadvantage, making it easier for them to track inventory, manage all of their orders, and maintain relationships with customers and vendors. Bravo!
- We all need a good love story now and then. Ask the gamers. Check out Lucent Heart to discover part of what makes 1.2 billion people swoon for games.
Living the Startup Life
- We’re not slackers, but we are becoming a less productive workforce. What gives, with so many tools designed to make us more efficient? Look over the edge – but don’t fall in! – to the skills gap for the answers.
- Bummer alert: 6 out of 10 crowdfunding campaigns don’t reach their goals. The good news: it may not be the projects’ fault. Which means campaigns can be fixed, or errors avoided, to tap into the collective pocketbook successfully.
- It’s not just the name of your company, it’s a state of mind. Your brand that is. Find out why it’s so important to get to the heart of your business from the beginning.
Startup Tips & Trends
- No matter how great the tech, it’s still people who power startups. Here’s how you score the best talent to grow a winning company.
- Letting social media go by the wayside? Sure your small business can do without? These 10 reasons for not doing so will make you never neglect your social media accounts again.
- Do you feel the burn of the churn (rate) as an SaaS company? You’re far from alone. First, learn here why churn rates are so high and then begin to retain your customers.