You’re busy. We get it. The fast pace and crazy work hours of startup life make it impossible to keep up with all the latest startup news, trends, and tips – and worrying that you’ve missed out is no way to begin the weekend. That’s why we’ve rounded up this week’s hottest startup stories from KillerStartups below…
- Advlo. Hey, it’s summer, and travel is on everyone’s mind. Advlo is developing an adventure platform that breaks free from lame tourist excursions. Surf’s up!
- Wow. Based on insane interest, it’s not so crazy to think that entrepreneurs crave productivity boosts more than VC funding. Check out these 7 apps that will transform the average home worker into a productive juggernaut.
- Edyn. It takes a green thumb of a certain order to make a startup spring to life. Edyn is doing just that while helping people grow their gardens this summer. On many levels, their Kickstarter awesomeness will leave us all looking a little more green.
- Danielle Morrill. Want to know which startups are going to succeed? Danielle has the numbers and the know-how on her side to pinpoint emerging stars. Find out how she does it here.
- While entrepreneurs come in all stripes, Brendan Mangus has locked down 7 themes that turn up over and over again in the stories of successful, self-made entrepreneurs. Do the themes resonate with you?
- Lauren Maillian Bias. How do you go from being a winery owner to a marketer to a venture capitalist? Lauren shares her insights on the arts of versatility and successfully reinventing yourself as an entrepreneur.
Tips & Trends
- Addiction. Is cold turkey the only way to go with saying goodbye to Facebook’s news feed? Is there an app that can help? Chances are that Facebook makes you feel worse about yourself and the work you do. Stop this trend here and now.
- On a sunnier note, Twitter rules. And if you have any doubts about its benefits for your business, you will not want to miss this infographic (or if you just want to pat yourself on the back for already being a Twitter rockstar, this is the way to go).
- How to attract advertisers. Do you know how many page views a month it takes before any advertisers will come knocking on your blog door? This video gives the scoop on putting together a killer strategy for working some viral voodoo.
- Make your idea a million-dollar reality. No joke, there’s a blueprint for this, friends. Check out the fun and informative infographic from Autodesk that shows the way to actualization.