Our patience is short, our memory is short, and our time even shorter. The startup hustle makes it impossible to absorb all the great stories, industry news, tips and advice directed our way. Shouldn’t there always be a second chance? Some new companies are too promising to miss, some people so inspiring that we really should see them up close. Some ideas deserve extra attention…
- UrbanBird. Photo sharing and photo search done right. Explore the world through data unlocked in your pics. Check out the Twitter for photos!
- As social media sites continue to evolve into microblogs, Inkgrph is already where others are trying to go. Inkgrph uses video, photos, and limited text, to make blogging on the go a cinch.
- Nothing convinces quite like happy customers. Bravo gets this, so it turns user-generated content into killer video marketing campaigns. Take advantage of a free 30-day trial to grow your base.
- Does the explosion of online dating sites have you singing “I’m in the mood”? If you have your own idea for a great dating app, DatingBusiness handles the business hassles for you so that you can put your concept out into the world quickly.
- Facebook acquired his company for $85 million. His cloud-based solutions for supporting core technology and backend infrastructure now help over 180,000 apps. Meet the founder of Parse.
- Kiyla Fenell grew her latest business by 700% last year. She’s had multiple million-dollar exits. And she’s sharing her genius marketing techniques through a webinar. Don’t miss her killer secrets!
- Founders often reflect on their pain points then create web solutions. Ahmad Wasfi’s hurt came in the form of hypothermia after getting lost in the mountains. He made LiveTrails to keep fellow outdoor adventurers from similar harm as well as to help them share their knowledge and discover new trails.
A Few More Thoughts
- First selfies, now… shelfies? Oh, brother. Find out why Google’s April Fools’ prank was no laughing matter.
- Romantically involved or married partners risk a great deal when they are business partners as well. Lea Woodward shares the ground rules and strategies that have made her household office a success. Yes, it can be done.
- How do you get the most out of your day? Hint: being super productive isn’t the answer. Learn more about doing the right things with your time.