Our patience is short, our memory is short, and our time even shorter. The startup hustle makes it impossible to absorb all the great stories, industry news, tips and advice directed our way. Shouldn’t there always be a second chance? Some new companies are too promising to miss, some people so inspiring that we really should see them up close. Some ideas deserve extra attention…
- We have several tools for marking up, highlighting, and collecting text. Audio information? the Cohdoo Highlight App is a welcome addition to this overlooked space. An interviewer’s new best friend.
- Scientists might figure out how to divert the future asteroids on course to end civilization, but who’s going to save us from ourselves? SnootyGlutie and Restroom Rater. You heard it here first.
- $87 million in funding. For businesses. Not on Kickstarter, but on Fundable. See what this fantastic company is doing to help startups even more.
- Does your startup need a ManVan? The sound of it is frightening, but to hear Kevin Hong tell it, a ManVan’s the way to go to get fit, have fun, and to grow from 3 to 300 partnerships in 2 years.
- How’d you like to charge all your electronic devices without a power cord? Thought so. Meredith Perry is likely the person to make them all vanish. Be one of the first to know about uBeam.
- Who said dressed for success spells formal business attire? For Jake Thompson, athletic wear is the clothing of champions. Don’t miss his message of positivity and competition.
- The user experience with many discovery apps tastes like flat champagne in no time. Brad Zellman looks to refresh the space with his mission-based app Sortie.
A Few More Thoughts
- Bounced from a tournament, bounced from a bar – nothing more demoralizing than a high bounce rate for your website. Courtney Gordner details what it takes to keep visitors from springing away from your landing page and to decrease your bounce rate.
- The 10 most common startup mistakes. Don’t fall into the trap of writing these blunders off because they’re so basic – that’s how the became the most common!
- There’s so much that can be learned online cheaply or for free. This is fantastic news for self-starters. Find out what tools best help maximize learning opportunities.