You’re busy. We get it.
The fast pace and crazy work hours of startup life make it impossible to keep up with all the latest startup news, trends, and tips – and worrying that you’ve missed out is no way to begin the weekend. That’s why we’ve rounded up this week’s hottest startup stories from KillerStartups below…
- The perfect song for whatever you’re doing that will help you stay productive and happy? Symfoo aims to be your personal radio and behind-the-scenes guru.
- People pay attention to texts. And quickly. SlickText recognizes this behavior, and gives companies a handy tool to implement SMS marketing.
- It’s gotten ridiculous how often we need to change our passwords for the sake of security. The only thing more insane is how many passwords we need to change on a regular basis. 1Password has a nifty solution to this problem. Hint: it doesn’t involve the number 12.
- Email. Ugh. Bet you’re inbox eats up your time. It doesn’t have to. Contatta lets you use you’re email smartly without having to adapt like crazy.
Living the Startup Life
- There’s a shortage of engineering talent. And a few widespread practices keep the best people for the job from even applying. Have a look at the miscues. Avoid the same mistakes and bring in the right engineer for your organization.
- Remember the name Trisha Prabhu. This teenager’s tests of her anti-cyberbullying system went so well that she’s working on a scalable prototype that will integrate with social media platforms. Awesome.
- Social media has a way of taking over our time and drowning out our other impulses. Here’s how you can tame your addiction (and odds are you probably have one).
Startup Tips & Trends
- Does your company have a brand or a label? Avoid these 7 mistakes to prevent all your effort going toward a losing cause.
- Make social consciousness a priority at your organization and you add another layer of incentive for everyone to perform. A larger awareness helps keep sight of the truth that no matter what your company is about you’re in the business of improving lives – and this is how you can have an even greater positive influence.
- Cyber criminals are growing more and more sophisticated. You’re wrong if you think your company is too small to worry about insider threat. Have a look into a detection system that helps prevent intentional and unwitting security breaches.