Is it challenging to read text from images or digital documents to write in editable form? It sure does take hours of effort to extract text from a single document if you’re doing it with the traditional method. But now, the technology has become relatively advanced enough to perform humanly required tasks by itself.
Online OCR Tools are the product of such technology, which helps us to extract text from images, digital documents, photos, or any other type of graphical content. This technology was first introduced back in the late 90s. But with the influence of AI technology, optical character recognition has become much more accurate and seamless.
But there are hundreds of options to choose from, making it difficult for users to try and test them to find the best option. Therefore, we have made things convenient for you by compiling the 5 best online OCR tools to copy text from scanned documents.
5 Best Online OCR Tools for Scanning Documents
Now we will discuss some details and prominent features of the best OCR tools you can find online for scanning documents. Each tool has its limitations and benefits, so you can choose the one that seems right for your requirements.
Image to Text Converter
This online OCR tool is one step ahead of others with its accuracy, efficiency, and simplicity. The image to text converter by Prepostseo is one of the best online OCR tools capable of digital documents, photos, images, and even handwritten text.
This tool is easy as all the user support options are mentioned on the screen. You can upload the image from local or Moreover and drag and drop the image in the input area.
The best thing about this tool is that it allows you to scan text from up to 10 images simultaneously. This tool can recognize more than 20 different languages from different patterns to make it even more versatile.
The output text from the image can be downloaded in a document file, or you can directly copy it to the clipboard. For extended usage, you can avail the monthly or yearly package.
- Supports multiple languages.
- Allows image scanning via URL.
- Let’s you drag and drop files directly on the interface.
- Capable of scanning handwritten documents.
- It can extract mathematical equations and special characters.
Image to Text Convertor – Editpad
This image to text converter is simple yet easy to understand, even for the first-time user. The OCR technology embedded in this tool is efficient enough to scan text from an image in just a few seconds.
The Picture to Text Converter by Editpad takes no time to scan text out of a document. You can upload a picture from the local storage or paste a link to the image for instantly scanning text from an online source.
This online tool supported all the latest images and scanned document file formats like PDF. Above all, it is free to use for everyone without any sign-up or payment conditions.
- Supports six different languages.
- Allows scanning text from file formats like PDF, PNG, and JPEG.
- Let’s download text in a document file.
- You can also upload an image via URL.
- Accurate results with the correct structure.
Is it your goal to find an image to text converter that works for free, delivers accurate results, and delivers in a hurry? If so, the image to text would be an excellent choice.
A number of online tools are available on this platform, including the most popular service, image to text conversion.
No hidden charges or upgrade plans are included with this tool, and it is entirely free to use.
With the help of fast algorithms, this tool is capable of extracting text from any format of image and presenting the results immediately. It supports all image types, such as PNGs, GIFs, BMPs, and JPGs.
- It is a safe and reliable tool for use. There are no databases storing images or text data.
- It is capable of scanning text in a variety of languages.
- Provides the option to scan images via URL. Although, please ensure that the URL can be accessed by everyone.
- Furthermore, it is capable of scanning mathematical equations and figures as well.
- Provides results in a timely manner with a high level of accuracy.
With the advancement of artificial intelligence, this tool provides precise results when scanning images. Using Ocr.best you can extract text from image online by scanning them for clues about keyboard characters and alphabets.
This is followed by the comparison of the scanned objects with the database that has been created. The feature that scans and compares images is powered by the most efficient machine learning libraries.
It is possible to upload an image directly to Dropbox and Google Drive using the input. The link also provides the option of scanning photos.
The program will scan the text immediately after uploading the image and present the results in an editable format. Alternatively, you can download a text file and paste the text there.
- There is a dropdown menu available to select from a variety of languages supported by this tool.
- It is possible to download text in the form of a file.
- There are nine different image formats supported by the Ocr.best, including TIFF, PNG, JFI, and JPG.
- Ensures image and text integrity and security.
Made in Text
The name of this tool explains pretty much it works. This online tool offers a range of tools and converters, including the most demanding image to text converter. Made in Text online image to text converter is free and easy for everyone.
You can upload the image from local storage and start scanning with one click. It only takes a few seconds to extract text from an image, and the results are very accurate.
These online support text recognition in all major languages, making it a versatile option for applying in multiple industries. This online tool supports all the popular image formats to make things convenient for students and businesses.
- Free image to text conversion.
- Online support from any browser.
- Supports file image formats from various devices.
- Presents accurate results within seconds.
- Gives editable text in a document file.
Educators and businesses are looking for a more convenient approach to managing their document files in the fast-growing world. So, in that regard, online tools like OCR play a vital role in making things more manageable.
This article presents the best online OCR tools that can be accessed from any browser. These tools come under free and paid access which varies on the user’s requirements. Also, all of the tools are very efficient and easy to use for copying text from an image. We hope this article helped you find the right option for your line of work.