You’re busy. We get it.
The fast pace and crazy work hours of startup life make it impossible to keep up with all the latest startup news, trends, and tips – and worrying that you’ve missed out is no way to begin the weekend. That’s why we’ve rounded up this week’s hottest startup stories from KillerStartups below.
- Don’t successful Kickstarter campaigns make you wanna do the twist? What about great products that bring order and sanity into our lives? Well, the Twist Tubes cover both. Somebody fire up Chubby Checker on Spotify!
- Paper business cards simply don’t make the grade for modern networking, so the founders of Corda have come up with a digital solution. And this e-card app gets along with everyone.
- Travel improvements rock. Getting stuff home from trips has been hassle for as long as there’s been travel, but Ouisi looks to take the pain out of shipping things back so that we can all pack lightly and still say Yes to picking up souvies.
Living the Startup Life
- How does 20 billion in funds go unclaimed? Our digital lives are partly to blame. The entrepreneurs behind Planned Departure discovered a ton of money not transferring into the proper hands and set out to right this wrong.
- How cool is it to a be a startup entrepreneur? So cool that 40X platinum producer Quincy Jones III has joined the club. His Feel Rich Network is on the way to becoming another massive hit, disrupting hip hop culture and groovin’ to the top of YouTube networks.
- As a point of pride, many entrepreneurs will boast about trying to be the best and to stay well-balanced. CEO Phil Dumontet explains why this strategy is perfect for achieving mediocrity.
- No secret that it’s tough to be an entrepreneur. How tough? “If you don’t want to quit a few times, you’re probably a poser,” says Nick Goggans. Listen to more gems from Nick and find out about his killer Austin startup.
Startup Tips & Trends
- Sick of losing time clicking on riveting headlines only to discover boring content beneath the firework display? Aren’t we all. Well, maybe the tide is turning, because Facebook is going after clickbait.
- When used correctly, hashtags are tremendously helpful. Problem is that hashtag abuse is rampant. Don’t kill your social media rep by making these hashtag blunders.
- Everybody wants to dominate social media, which is why there’s more advice and tips available online than any person could process in a lifetime. Emma McGowan trims the workload down to the essentials, distilling the best advice for managing your social media presence found on the Buffer Blog.