I wish I knew more about trading stocks. It seems like an elite underworld that I would like to be a part of (or at least understand better). And, now there’s the Olim Dives investment network connecting the online investment community with some friendly competitive stock trading. So, it’s time for me to get schooled. And you, too.
Not Your Grandpa’s Stock Trading
Olim Dives is the cooler, more fun way to trade stocks online. How? Well, my friend, the platform allows you to earn virtual cash to use towards the site’s annual Dive Madness Investment Bracket Challenge Tournament (or for short, Dive Madness). The tournament has over $15,000 in cash and prizes available which should drive up your competitive online stock trading spirit!
How Can You Earn Virtual Cash?
The name of the game here is to win virtual cash, and Olim Dives provides several ways to do it, including:
- Blog posts – Post an investment blog to the site, promote it and earn $.25 for every rating star. The better it is, the more votes you get.
- Network Connections – This is a big earner. Get $100 for every connection you make with another member.
- Trades – Buy and sell stocks with your virtual cash and earn your way to the Gold and Silver Madness Tournament tiers. Sounds fancy.
- Challenges – This is where you can get a little competitive with your mates. you can challenge other “Diver’s” to play stock games like the $10K single day challenge and wager up to $5k.
- Badges – We all know the excitement of earning badges. Complete levels of achievement and earn your way into the Silver Dive Madness Tournament.
Get into the Dive Madness
If you know what March Madness is, you’ll get the idea. 64 company stocks are selected to compete for 6 weeks to see who has the best performing stock. Each company is evaluated at the end of each week to determine who had the greatest percentage stock price gain. The tournament is broken down to 3 tiers, Gold, Silver and Green, with each tier collecting different prizes. Check out all the deets here.
So, all you competitive stock trading types, my suggestion is you head over to the Olim Dives investment network, register (for free!) and start earning some virtual cash that could ultimately earn you some real cash. And, real cash is what we all need more of, right? I might even start trading stocks on Olim Dives. It’ll give me some practice for when I’m killing it on Wall Street. Yeah, not going to happen.