You’re busy. We get it.
The fast pace and crazy work hours of startup life make it impossible to keep up with all the latest startup news, trends, and tips – and worrying that you’ve missed out is no way to begin the weekend. That’s why we’ve rounded up this week’s hottest startup stories from KillerStartups below.
- Video chat has drawn some big players. Most of whom have underwhelmed us – big time. Room puts them to shame.
- Muse turns the lock screen of your smartphone into a museum. Who’s going to be blamed for killing culture now?
- Staying fit challenges us for a lot of reasons, one of them being that it’s often difficult to see incremental progress. Pushh has a clear and simple fix for this problem.
- Happily ever broke is no way to begin a marriage. How does having local businesses pay for the big day sound? Endorsevent can make it happen.
Living the Startup Life
- Bragging and venting are like the fried chicken and ice cream of social networks. So good. But Facebook has developed a bit of a weight problem. Our news feeds can only handle so much. Thankfully, there’s a new space designed to compliment our appetites.
- Smartphones have changed how we do everything. This infographic helps us to see what the profound effects of the smartphone revolution look like – and to figure out how to cash in on the estimated $163 billion in mobile shopping sales in 2015.
- How much are they worth? How do they live? What are their backgrounds? Want to know the story behind some of the biggest app makers in the world? Yeah you do.
Startup Tips & Trends
- Great question to ask yourself: If your website were a brick-and-mortar store, would people want to spend time inside? Learn how to build an enticing atmosphere online and make the most of your digital space.
- The best way to hold onto customers is to keep them satisfied. Simple enough, in theory. Three areas of focus make retaining customers and driving sales just as straightforward in practice.
- Quick growth complicates internal communication (which is a joyful problem to face). These 3 tools allow teams to both expand and improve efficiency.