You’re busy. We get it.
The fast pace and crazy work hours of startup life make it impossible to keep up with all the latest startup news, trends, and tips – and worrying that you’ve missed out is no way to begin the weekend. That’s why we’ve rounded up this week’s hottest startup stories from KillerStartups below…
- Creating your own logo without design skills – not such a hot idea. 48hourslogo uses crowdsourcing contests to come up with the right design quickly and affordably. They’ve already helped 15,000 customers.
- Manage utilities, services, documents, contracts, warranties and subscriptions in one place. Or stick with a chaotic hodgepodge of online and paper folders/documents/files. No More Filing is the way to go.
- Before long we’ll all be contacting our insurance companies to see if they cover screenlash – injury caused from repeated, sudden turning back and forth between desktop and mobile screens. Then again, we may all choose to work using Pip West.
- Not only does Couple give partners a private messaging service to enjoy the lovey-dovey stage of their relationship (and avoid an exodus of friends from social networks), it has chat and kissing features that will elevate the mushiness to unbearably adorable levels.
Living the Startup Life
- What is all the technology at our disposal good for if we can’t enjoy a proper cocktail? For celebrating that Series A funding or for forgetting a disastrous demo, these 6 bartending apps will unleash you inner mixologist.
- If M.C. Escher were around to design a mobile game it would look a lot like Monument Valley. However he might have made it different, the effect is the same – you can’t take your eyes away. Go ahead and try.
- Über-disappointed in Uber? Looking for a constructive ride away from the controversy. You may want to give directions to a Flywheel driver.
Startup Tips & Trends
- Need a fast infusion of cash to handle an emergency? Bad Credit Business Loans understands that you can’t afford a lengthy application process. They put money in your hands quickly and have an easy repayment structure, a formula that has already helped over 250,000 customers.
- Permission requests are the tradeoff to offering users “free” apps. Understanding what to ask for and how you should use their information determines if users accept terms or walk away. Don’t underestimate your users!
- Whether you wish to feed your dream of working in a beautiful space that allows you to drop the first half of garage/office or you just can’t help but compare your digs with other startups, Office Fetish satisfies the craving (in bright, undivided, office-less fashion).