You’re busy. We get it.
The fast pace and crazy work hours of startup life make it impossible to keep up with all the latest startup news, trends, and tips – and worrying that you’ve missed out is no way to begin the weekend. That’s why we’ve rounded up this week’s hottest startup stories from KillerStartups below…
- Something has been missing from our online interactions that Dipify has found a way to reintroduce – serendipity. This simple and ingenious messenger app lets people bump into one another online while just being themselves.
- Judges have the final say when picking the winners of TV talent contests, but the crowd’s favor matters most online. Superstarred gives budding talent an engaging platform to launch careers by impressing fans first.
- Coffee or music? Which one is more essential to workflow? Before taking sides, turn up Cratestream, an online streaming player that delivers nothing but the beats. Free, uninterrupted hip hop beats, with limited vocals – so you won’t knock over that fresh cup of java trying to skip songs.
- Entrepreneurs must learn to bounce back. Kris Kane elevates the art of lifting yourself off the ground to new heights with his company Bounceboard. Foamy snowboards, trampolines… Prepare to have a good time.
Living the Startup Life
- 66: Not just the beginning of the devil’s calling card, but the average hours per week an entrepreneur puts in according to TechnologyAdvice. Have a look at this infographic to see how you compare to the typical entrepreneur. Do you have what it takes?
- Don’t be a stationary work denier. Evidence is accumulating rapidly that too much inactive time at a desk shortens life. Holy immobility, Batman. The good people at Cubii ran a successful KickStarter campaign to put a solution under our feet. Get moving!
- Speaking of unorthodox work environments, some overwhelming days call for alternative productivity hacks. One can look at only so many Kanban boards. Malbec on the other hand…
Startup Tips & Trends
- Leaving women out of tech is bad business. Ideas stagnate and opportunities go by the wayside. Unconvinced? One $5 billion company should make the case for bringing more women into the startup ecosystem abundantly clear.
- No matter how accomplished or confident the founder, pitching to angel investors is a stressful proposition. These 6 tips will help newbies and veterans alike hone their negotiating skills.
- Parker Ruhstaller discovered a major need for a go-to source of life hacks after running a subreddit survey. He’s since been developing Life Pro Tips, a resource of succinct information for those looking to improve on everything in their daily lives – beelining to the best tips is a hot way to start.