You’re busy. We get it.
The fast pace and crazy work hours of startup life make it impossible to keep up with all the latest startup news, trends, and tips – and worrying that you’ve missed out is no way to begin the weekend. That’s why we’ve rounded up this week’s hottest startup stories from KillerStartups below.
- Stock Up! As in – load up on free photos online that look nothing like the stock images you’re accustomed to seeing. Using this photo site is like receiving spa treatment for your visual media woes.
- Secure. Easy to locate and to weigh. Instead of looking up airline regulations, it tells you if you’re good to fly. Meet the smart, connected carry-on that will win you over: Bluesmart.
- How long before you can stroll on over to the nearest Staples for a 3D printer. Probably not as long as you’d guess if NVBOTS stays on course – smashing through the barriers of cost and accessibility.
- Cook for yourself? Before you laugh off the idea and point to an already impossible to-do list, take a peak at Scratch House. This company has a clever recipe that makes cooking from scratch a simple and manageable proposition.
Living the Startup Life
- Emoji rank just beneath the coffee pot on the list of startup essentials. What would communication look like without our smiley faces and other friends? Get ready for the fun to ratchet up to a new, customizable level.
- Breaking from a traditional career path to work at a startup is never an easy move to make. But it doesn’t have to be a crazy or scary leap into the dark. After all, there are definite creative and professional benefits – as well as a few things you can say to yourself and to the naysayers to assure yourself that you’re making the right choice.
- What happens when the startup world and the age of craft everything converge: Club Jerky. Subscription, artisanal beef jerky. Week officially made.
Startup Tips & Trends
- Remember when Apple was a distant competitor to Microsoft? Answering these questions will help to decide if a rebrand should go on your company’s agenda.
- 70% of startups struggle with scalability, and risk sinking as a result. Have a look at what it takes to keep a startup afloat by scaling smoothly on the high seas.
- In any pursuit, getting started is often the biggest challenge. First-time entrepreneurs should know these 8 things that will help them go from dream to reality.