As 2013 draws to a close, we lift our glasses and toast to crushing it – as in candied games making a million dollars a day, startup innovators making their dreams reality, angel investors continuing to back amazing companies, and entrepreneurs stomping all naysayers and obstacles in their paths. What a week! What a year!
1. Best 0f 2013: Sara Jones, Co-Founder Of Hiring-Hub, Takes Home Startup Award For Women In Business
“In the spirit of living up to KillerStartups’ mission to bring you stories of the people behind great startup companies, I present to you a story of hope, perseverance, and general bad-assery.”
From moving back in with mom and dad to a breakthrough year. One of the year’s best success stories.
2. Anatomy Of Success: Greg Cangialosi
“Let’s go beneath the usual layers of advice and praise and explore the anatomy of success, studying the body of work of inspiring leaders.”
Hey, there’s more to startups than lean models. There’s heart, there’s brains and more.
3. [Startup People] Peter Awad – Generating Massive Amounts Of Targeted Traffic
“Clarity of mind. That sounds simple, right? Nope. It’s incredibly difficult.”
Zen echoes aside, Awad exemplifies the potential of an emotionally detached approach to work.
4. Beat Candy Crush Saga With Candy Crush Aid
“The most popular app of the year by a landslide found people across the world glued to their cellphones, tablets, and computers, counting down the seconds until their lives renewed.”
Chances are you’re an addict already. Might as well enjoy the habit to the max!
5. 3 Tips For Making A Stronger Customer Connection
“…you must begin thinking differently in order to grow (or retain) your client or customer base.”
Make. It. Personal.
6. Top 5 Angel Investors of 2013 [Infographic]
“The holiday season is drawing to an end, but that doesn’t mean you should stop thinking about angels.”
These champions of startups rock. See where they’ve recently put their money.
7. Your Year-End Business Accounting Checklist
“…there are a number of things you should be staying on top of in order to best manage your company finances and position your small business for greater success in the new year.”
Leaving loose ends is no way to begin the new year. Don’t sabotage your momentum!
8. You Know Where You Can Post That Next Baby Photo
“23snaps is a photo-sharing app meant to help families share the wonders of watching a child grow up. Privately.”
Instagram, Snapchat… 23snaps?
9. 7 Tips For Finding A Mentor In The Digital Age
“…with the rise of online communities and digital technologies, getting access to the right information often gained from mentors has changed.”
Leadership expert Erica Dhawan dishes on finding an ideal mentor.
10. [Startup People] Ryan Shank Asks What YOU Would Do If You Knew You Couldn’t Fail
“This phrase gives me so much inspiration and drive…”
Need inspiration to pursue your dream full time? Look no further.