You’re busy. We get it.
The fast pace and crazy work hours of startup life make it impossible to keep up with all the latest startup news, trends, and tips – and worrying that you’ve missed out is no way to begin the weekend. That’s why we’ve rounded up this week’s hottest startup stories from KillerStartups below.
- It’s 2014, people! Who makes phone calls anymore? With BookMyCity you can now schedule appointments for a huge range of services, right from your computer. No more “Press zero to speak to an operator” nonsense, no more waiting on hold for what is actually five minutes but feels like fifty.
- Red Nova Labs creates mobile, web, and marketing solutions for the self-storage industry. Unlike most other businesses, there’s pretty much always a demand for supply (storage), and man do these guys really know their branding!
- It’s no secret that knowing how to code is like gold these days. The problem is, the cost of learning how to code can also be measured in gold – by which I mean it’s stupid expensive. But don’t worry. LendLayer is here to help.
- Once you’ve had a taste of life without offices, there’s no going back. And once you’ve done away with the office it doesn’t take long before you begin to ask yourself if you can do away with where you live as well. And go anywhere. Of course, then you need a new place to stay, but Zilyo is going to make doing so super easy.
- Big data, bigger payoffs. We’re talking a whole lotta bananas ($$$) here, folks. Datamonkey proves that learning how to analyze data can be easy AND fun.
Living the Startup Life
- Sure, sure, there’s no such thing as problems at startups, only opportunities. A lot of those opportunities, however, how shall we say… suck. If you could change one thing about being an entrepreneur, what would it be? Seven of the world’s most promising young entrepreneurs share their entrepreneurial frustrations.
- Please. No one is under any obligation to tell the world that their day begins with checking emails. There’s no law, not even unwritten. So, drinking coffee isn’t the most original way to get going or the most interesting, but it’s a sexier habit than checking email. You need to have something else that characterizes your day! Check out these daily rituals of busy startup founders.
- O, the hardware. Some things, an entrepreneur has just gotta have. To walk the walk, see if you’re already attached to these 10 startup essentials.
Startup Tips & Trends
- Coming up with a company name is tough. It’s worth considering the things you shouldn’t do when naming your startup before you start searching. Not only is the name an important piece of your brand, but it hurts too much to hit the jackpot and then realize you can’t keep the loot.
- Usually you meet two kinds of entrepreneurs: 1. The ones who are eager to travel, would kill for more time to travel, and sink all of their buyout money into exploring the globe and 2. The ones who have to travel for work and never want to see an airplane or hotel again. The glory doesn’t have to fade, though. Here are 5 strategies to keep business trips feeling like a vacation.
- Gut check time. Be honest. There’s a fine line between taking advantage of all the useful information available that helps build a brand and blurring in with all the other startups. Are you a startup trend chaser? Some trends you just shouldn’t follow.