As if the planet wanted to join the celebration by launching some spectacular party favors, the Calbuco volcano in southern Chile erupted on Earth Day this past Wednesday. A jaw-dropping lightening show followed the volcano’s first activity since 1972.
That was hardly the only surprise in the works the last few days. Elsewhere on this gorgeous rock, photo apps kept details partially hidden, a subscription service got menswear right, and founders saved money in the unlikeliest of areas. In case you missed the volcanic display, enjoy the KillerStartups weekly roundup.
- PeeqSee is a photo app that adds some suspense to the photo sharing experience, which is what makes it so addictive and fun.
- Turns out that many customers prefer to help themselves before calling in reinforcements. Support Hero ensures that your web support lets customers find most answers on their own.
- Wow, there’s an impossible amount of engrossing content to read online. Cubecamp has a curated solution to help out the overwhelmed info junkie.
- Peanut butter and apple. Heck yeah they go together! Find all the inspiration you need for combing ingredients with Handpick.
Living the Startup Life
- Digital workers already face enough challenges. Online harassment needs to stop. Here’s a way to combat the problem.
- A world where men no longer grumble about new clothing. You don’t have to use your imagination to picture it. This menswear startup can make it happen.
- Before we talked about images online, there was photography – and the stories beautiful pictures told. If too many stock images have traumatized your eyeballs, Wayla shares shots that will renew your appreciation for the pixel.
Startup Tips & Trends
- Great design for everything from your marketing materials to your social media pages, without paying a fortune or needing to master complicated tools. Do you see any smoke blowing your way? Nope, it’s for real.
- Ouch, those credit card processing fees sting. Here’s a free tool to find a company that won’t rip you off any longer.
- You’ve heard all the talk before – how easy it is to sell online… Well, selling on social media truly is as easy now as sharing a link.