When’s the last time you left your house without your phone? What would your day look like without your computer or tablet? Technology has become part of our everyday lives, making everything from work to communication to entertainment more convenient. But what happens when society becomes addicted to technology? Perhaps, an apocalypse…or rather, Qpocalypse, such as the one that threatens the world in Cucumber.
Cucumber is an animated series about the wild world of tech retail. The show’s story features Aaron, a die-hard fan of a tech company called Cucumber, founded 50 years earlier when Carl Cucumber invented the qBook and ignited a tech revolution.
Aaron manages Cucumber store #R034 and dreams of changing the world alongside Carl Cucumber, his childhood hero. Aaron runs his store with the help of a team of geeks, outcasts, hipsters and bros, plus a wizard who makes repairs and a T-Rex who works security.
Working in tech retail can be chaotic, but factor in a turf war with neighboring company Cybersoft, a qBot uprising and a corporate spy who’s infiltrated the Cucumber team, and things quickly spiral out of control. Another threat could make things even worse: Carl Cucumber has seen the future, and it includes The Qpocalypse. Can Carl Cucumber prevent disaster without destroying his own company? A showdown between Aaron and Cucumber will determine the fate of the world.
This 10-episode animated series pokes fun at society’s addiction to technology while taking a behind-the-scenes look at tech retail. While the show’s creators want Cucumber to be entertaining, they also focus on compelling storytelling, characters and emotion inspired by their own experiences. Cucumber includes themes around friendship, betrayal and the troubles brought on by technology.
About the Characters
Cucumber includes a collection of characters, including:
- Aaron, who will be forced to make the decision of becoming friends or foes with Carl Cucumber
- Carl Cucumber, who created the world’s first PC as a young teen and now must try to save the world
- April May, a bubbly Cucumber employee with a secret
- AL, a grumpy 1st-generation qBot who discovers he had a previous life
- Parker and his T-Rex best friend Stoney, who like to pull pranks and get baked
- Pablo, the store’s assistant manager who turns into a gangly creature
- Oz, the wizard who uses magic to repair technology at The Wizard Bar
- Trill and Da’Vonne, who work in the warehouse and use their free time to make their TV show ‘Robot Serial Killer’
- Riley, a Debbie Downer and member of the scream-O band Death Spider
- A.T. (Personal Autonomous Technician), a helpful 6th-generation qBot who faces bullying
- Spencer, customers’ go-to guy when they need help with qPhones, qPads or a good recipe
- Fred Fences, founder and CEO of Cucumber’s rival, Cybersoft Corp
About the Cast and Crew
The team behind Cucumber Animated Series includes:
- Chris Forsythe, Creator, a production assistant and copywriter with filmmaking degrees from the Zaki Gordon Film Institute and the University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Mike Slater, Cucumber co-creator and a multidisciplinary art director
- Barrett Applegate, who flips houses by day and does cartoon voiceovers by night
- Lizzy Delgado, an aspiring actor, storyteller and musician
- Harrison Reynolds, a writer, recording artist and entertainment lawyer
- Michael Eicher, a designer, illustrator and photographer
- Danny Shepherd, an actor and filmmaker
Want to Watch Cucumber?
Does Cucumber seem like your kind of show? Visit cucumberhasrisen.com to watch the trailer and visit our Kickstarter page – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thecucumbershow/cucumber-the-animated-series?ref=user_menu
Cucumber Animated Series