The following statement is meant as a high compliment: customers are like dogs. A deal needs to be put in front of them in the moment when it’s useful, or – they’re excitable and curious creatures – they will move along to something more interesting with no turning back.
Spotsave is a location-based mobile app that allows customers to use local deals conveniently and quickly. By targeting local customers, businesses ensure that their promotions both drive sales and earn customer loyalty as intended.
Manager Eddie Rogers tells us more about Spotsave helping small local businesses:
Who are your target customers or users?
Local small businesses and consumers
Why do your target customers or users need it?
Save money on local purchases and promote local businesses.
When do your best ideas come to you? In bed in the morning? During dinner? On your third beer?
In the morning or on my 3rd beer.
A lot of people have big ideas. What gave you the confidence to actually go after yours?
There are many apps and companies that offer deals and coupons but none readily available to support our local businesses and to have them make the decision as to how much discount they can give or when you they would like to give a discount.
Got any great bootstrapping tips for the lean startups out there?
Keep moving and never stop. It’s hard especially when funds are low – then you start questioning your idea, but if you are passionate about your idea, keep at it no matter what and you will succeed.
What other advice do you have for other entrepreneurs struggling to get started?
Find a good support team and know your technology. Plan ahead and build a solid infrastructure that can scale.
What are 5 websites you can’t live without and why?
- producthunt.com – gives you updates on the latest products
- gmail.com – keeps my email going
- twitter.com – keeps us connected with other businesses
- google.com – if I can’t solve it, google it!
- quora.com – I like hearing from others.
Top 3 mobile apps you’re in love with and why?
- Spotsave – allows me to save on local products and services near me :)
- Instagram – keeps me update to date with photos
- Pandora – keeps us jamming all night long!
Three people (other than you) we should follow on Twitter and why?
- newtimesbroward – local web and magazine that keeps us in the loop of whats going on.
- refreshmiami – keeps us updated with the local tech community in Miami
- BigMouthGirlz – keeps us informed of the who’s who, events and deals in our city.
What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learned about fundraising?
Nothing yet as we have not hit the big fund.
What’s your favorite productivity hack?
Have time for yourself and don’t work yourself to the ground.