search cancel – Where the Streets DO Have a Name

FixMyStreet.comIf you live in the UK, and have noticed a problem with your street lately (for example, a dead streetlight or a pothole, you can now use Fix My Street to report the issue instead of going to your local town council to file the complaint in person. To use Fix My Street, simply enter in your UK post code, or street name and area.


You’ll then be given a map, where you can specify where exactly the problem is on the street. Once you’ve done this, all you need to do is enter in the details of the problem (for example, “grafitti on wall directly across from gas station). You also have the option of appending a photo to your complaint for further clarification. Submit your report, and Fix My Street will forward it to your local council on your behalf. You can also check out what other Fix My Street users have been reporting by looking at photos on the site or by looking at the recently reported problems. Skeptical? Fix My Street provides statistics as to how many problems have been fixed since they were submitted. In Their Own Words

“Report, view, or discuss local problems
(like graffiti, fly tipping, broken paving slabs, or street lighting)”

Why It Might Be A Killer

Fix My Street provides an easy and hassle-free way to report a problem on your street without having to deal with the authorities directly. Site statistics show that, in fact, this is an effective method of reporting and solving issues on your block.

Some Questions About

This seems like a good service, so why only limit it to the UK? I would think this would gain popularity in any large city in Europe or the US as well.


Author : Fred Inman

Find Fred on Google+

Share This Post On